Tuesday, March 7, 2017

CASology #239


Welcome to Week 239 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


There are plenty of different kinds of landmarks in the world but living on an island, just down the road from one of our two lighthouses, I figured I had to go with this image.  Also it was an NBUS Paper Smooches die so I was happy to have a chance to put it to work.  The sentiment is from a really old Paper Smooches set, from their first or second release I think.  The glow of the lamp was created with a Lil' Inkers Designs die.  

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design team then play along!


Rachel Bergfeld - On a break


This week's guest designer:



Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Giddy Bugs) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Lighthouse) Paper Smooches, (Dual dotted circle) Lil' Inker Designs
Gems:  Recollections

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love lighthouses so this cute card makes me happy! Lucky you to live close to two of them!!

Becca Cruger said...

At first I was like "I wish I lived down the street from a lighthouse" but then I thought about how much I love dark rooms and hate the streetlights outside my bedroom, so I'm not sure I'm so in love with the idea anymore. What I am in love with is your quaint little card. Love the die cut halo behind the lighthouse.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh I love your lighthouse Jen! What a great CAS take on the cue card!

lostinpaper said...

I would never have thought of this as an idea, it was a total 'light bulb' moment for sure lol. What a fab and fun card Jen!

Bobby said...

Living surrounded by the Great Lakes, we have plenty of lighthouses. Yours is a cute one, Jen, and definitely what I'd consider a landmark.

Anita in France said...

So cute, Jen ... great use of the gem for the light lens! Hugs, Anita :)

Claire Grantham said...

Love your lighthouse Jen, genius touch with the yellow circle as the 'glow' love it. Cx

Anonymous said...

So goood!! I am always in awe of lighthouses - how they are built and the amazingly important function they serve. One of my favourite lighthouses is at at Cape Leeuwin, Augusta, where the Indian Ocean and Southern Oceans meet. A particularly wild, precarious, rocky stretch of coastline - at least it seems that way every time we go there! :-) Love this take on 'landmark', and as usual, your paper-piecing rocks!