Monday, December 5, 2016

Tree & Kitties


I've got a couple more cards to share my my crafty time on Sunday.  This first one uses the sketch from Just Add Ink and the Christmas Tree prompt from Just Us Girls.  I promised you more of last year's Essentials by Ellen stamps so here is my favourite scribbly tree.  So cute!  I coloured it with Copics, covered it with Wink of Stella and added red pearl ornaments.  I also used some fun ombre washi tape for a pop of colour being the main panel.

  












Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Old Olive, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Tree & sentiment from Christmas Scribbles) Essentials by Ellen
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Wonky Stitched Rectangle) My Favourite Things
Markers:  (Y08, YG95, E35) Copic
Washi:  Recollections
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollections




Next is a card for the Make Your Mark challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.  I'm working through my Newton's Nook holiday stamps this year and am coloring each kitty in both grey and ginger tabby colours.  Which one do you like best?  
(Lindsey, I already know your answer!!)




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (White) Papertrey Ink, (Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Cat & sentiment from Newton's Holiday Mischief) Newton's Nook
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Stitched Arches, Wonky Stitched Circles) My Favourite Things
Markers:  Copic
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollection

17 comments:

Karen B. said...

The tabby! Awesome coloring on all 3 images.

I Card Everyone said...

You should have seen me, Jen ... I was searching in your tree for the cat!!! Silly me ... all as cute as can be!
=]

Nikki Spencer said...

Love!...Jen this card is delightful! Such a fun and funky tree image and that wonky stitched border is the perfect detail. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Lindsey said...

We did have the ginger Jasper before the pearly grey Lord Duncan! :D But that grey on the rich red, yep, that's my choice. ;) But I also love your scribbly tree card!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your funky little modern tree, cool card Jen! And those kitties, come on...TOO CUTE!

lostinpaper said...

So much fun Jen!

Nancy said...

Love your Whimsy tree and your red panel at the bottom looks perfect with the black! Sensational job with both of your cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Bobby said...

I love that tree stamp and you've displayed it well with the matching green border, Jen. Love the kitties too, and I don't care what color they are. They're both cute.

Darnell said...

These are all terrific, Jen, but OMG, that green card and that fun matching green whimsical tree just made me drool! Is that old olive, because it looks like old olive and old olive's always been my most favorite SU color and I don't even LIKE olives!! Hugs, Darnell

KimB said...

Gorgeous cards Jen! I love how adding the stitched frame and pearls lift that quirky little tree to super special. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Patrice said...

I love all your cards, Jen. That is one funky tree! I love what you've done with the sketch, thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Jan said...

These are three fabulous cards Jen! I love your tree image and the details you've added with your beautiful colouring and Wink and pearl details - so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

ColourmehappyDi said...

Such a fun & fresh Christmas card, Jen. I really like the traditional colours with the funky tree & sentiment. Glad you could play along at Just Add Ink.
Di

Christine Blain said...

That washi tape IS awesome! Love your Christmas tree card, Jen; great, fun, details. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

cm said...

Trio of delights, Jen! Smitten with your scribbly tree (wish EH shipping to Canada wasn't so pricey...sighh...) and your Newtons? Oh my! I'll take one of each, please!
hugs~c

Anita in France said...

I love that scribbly tree, Jen ... it's perfectly decorated with those red ornaments! The kitties ... they're both adorable ... who could choose?! Hugs, Anita :)

Claire Grantham said...

Love those beautifully coloured kitties..I love the ginger version because your colouring is so awesome. Cx